- Vacuum(once, twice, a lot! Screw it– just chase the two-year-old with the vacuum all day.) and empty the dirt compartment.
- Unload the dishwasher in the morning and load & run it again before bed.
- Make the bed. I always feel more productive when my bed is made.
- Wipe down the kitchen counters and table. There is usually always something spilled and crumbs about.
- Sweep the kitchen floor.
- Return all of the toys to their proper places before bed(at least toss them into the correct rooms.). I keep an empty laundry bin in my family room for putting out-of-place items in, then I only have to enter each room once to put them all in their correct places.
Every third day:
- Do a load of laundry. We are a family of six so there is always laundry to be done.
- Clean mirrors and bathroom vanity/sink.
- Wash and hang cloth diapers. Nothing makes me feel more accomplished than all of my diapers being clean and ready-to-use.
- Empty bathroom trash cans and disinfect them.
- Clean toilets & shower/tub.
- Use Hoover Floormate on the kitchen floor to get up any dirt left behind and sticky spill residue.
- Wash a load of towels(then take a shower as soon as they come out of the dryer–who doesn’t love warm fluffy towels??).
- Wash everyone’s sheets and blankets, then replace them.
- Clean any leftovers out the the fridge and wipe the shelves. I usually do this on whatever morning garbage pick-up is to avoid any smells.
- Wash stuffed animals and disinfect plastic toys.
- Shampoo carpets. I have ivory colored carpets throughout my home and should probably do this more than once a month, but this is all I really have time for.
I like to use homemade and chemical-free cleaners as much as possible, what do you use for cleaning around your home?